Main Careers Page
Title: Operator C
Department: Synthesis-Direct Labor
The Operator C position is responsible for the safe and environmentally sustainable operation of plant assets. This position is also responsible for the operation, inspection, troubleshooting and maintenance of the chemical synthesis unit.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Identifies and reports plant conditions as necessary.
Skills & Qualifications
• Conducts chemical readings and makes adjustments as necessary.
• Completes and maintain accurate records and files.
• Observes plant safety rules, perform assigned tasks in safe manner and be alert to unsafe conditions.
• Conducts lab samples pulls as needed.
• Operates forklift following all company and safety requirements.
• Operates Vent Gas Incinerator (VGI), Chillers, and Cooling Tower.
• Processes effluent through DCS.
• Assist mechanical/electrical maintenance and I&C activities as required.
• Work rotating shift to accommodate plant 24-hour coverage.
• Participates in Emergency Response Team.
• Complies with all regulatory safety requirements and with all regulatory environmental requirements.
• Complies with all company policies, practices and lawful directives.
• Required to perform other related duties as directed.
• Ability to read and understand P&ID's.
• Ability to perform minor maintenance.
• Must be forklift certified.
• Ability to physically meet the needs of the job to include, climbing stairs, wearing respiratory protection, and lift at least 70 pounds.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Able to work as a team member as well as independently.
• Must be prompt, dependable and have a good attendance record.
• Must participate in the Safety monthly blood draw program.
• Must be able to pass a physical and drug test.
• Must be able to pass a Department of Homeland Security approved pre-employment criminal background check.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• 40 hour HAZWHOPER preferred and will be required.
• Firefight Certification preferred and will be required.
• Vocational or technical degree preferred.
• AIDT Training strongly preferred.
• 0 – 3 years specialty chemical plant experience or has completed company based training program.
Thank you for you interest in this job opportunity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
To be considered for employment with AMVAC in the United States, you must be at least 18 years of age and a U.S. Citizen, permanent resident, refugee, or temporary resident (temporary work authorizations for practical training does not meet this requirement). AMVAC does not normally sponsor foreign citizens to obtain a work visa or permanent residency.
AMVAC is an equal opportunity employer.