Main Careers Page
Title: Health & Safety Technician
Location: CA Los Angeles
H & S Manager
Assist the Health and Safety Manager in achieving and maintaining safety compliance governed by federal, state, local and other applicable laws and regulations as well as company rules and policies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform and document observations, inspections and appropriate corrective actions for the Health and Safety (H & S) Department.
Skills & Qualifications
• Assist with employee safety training.
• Perform personal monitoring in accordance with AMVAC industrial hygiene program.
• Assist with safety equipment inspection which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Emergency response equipment including SCBA
- Fire protection equipment – fire extinguisher, sprinkler system & fire monitors
- Eyewash stations and safety showers
- First Aid kits
- Maintain complete and adequate records required
• Assist with respirator fit testing and forklift certification.
• Assist with incident reporting and investigation.
• Promote safety and compliance among AMVAC employees and contractors.
• Promote safe work with hazardous materials and chemicals.
• Occasional travel to assist with inspection and training at other AMVAC plant sites.
• Must be familiar with OSHA regulations.
• Must be able to communicate with other plant personnel. Must have good writing skills.
• Interact with Supervisors and other personnel from the various departments in the plant.
• Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma and additional safety training or certification
• Minimum 2 years of relevant safety experience in the Petrochemical manufacturing industry.
Thank you for you interest in this job opportunity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
To be considered for employment with AMVAC in the United States, you must be at least 18 years of age and a U.S. Citizen, permanent resident, refugee, or temporary resident (temporary work authorizations for practical training does not meet this requirement). AMVAC does not normally sponsor foreign citizens to obtain a work visa or permanent residency.
AMVAC is an equal opportunity employer.