Title: Granules/Liquid Plant Unit Supervisor
Location: CA Los Angeles
Responsible for the First Line Supervision of the manufacturing activities of a 7/24 solid, powder and liquid chemical compounding/formulation process unit, utilizing hazardous chemicals. This position is accountable on a daily basis to the Operations Manager, reports to the Operations Manager and VP and Director of Manufacturing. The position is accountable for the safe, continuous and efficient operations, resulting in desired quantity and quality of products.
This position requires excellent interpersonal/communication skills coupled with above average analytical, computer and technical skills.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Exercises direct supervision over, Lead Chemical Compounders, Chemical Compounder Helpers, Packagers, Helpers etc., with respect to operating parameters, labeling, procedures, production volumes, cost, inventory management, staging of supplies, quality of production, and compliance to ALL Company Policies, while continuing to meet production schedules and delivery dates.
• Stimulates maximum safety, efficiency and productivity of all production personnel.
• Ensures safe and efficient utilization of Personnel, equipment and facilities.
• Confers with Operation Manager/Vice President and Director of Manufacturing in establishment of shift standard and working schedules for all personnel.
• Maintains 100% compliance with all Laws and Regulations, company policies, safety standards, environmental permits, and good housekeeping practices.
• Reviews and recommends matters of personnel and rate changes.
• Prepares and maintains inventory and production reports.
• Reviews all Production Work Orders for completeness for use of raw materials, packaging materials, Quality etc. This position is responsible to resolve discrepancies in a manner that does not interfere with the Production Schedule or delay completion of Production.
• Manages the label room and its inventory, orders labels as needed.
• Prepares and maintains and all operating/maintenance records.
• Responsible for proper maintenance of unit and related facilities, including preventive maintenance program and inspections.
• Recommends changes in production methods or procedures to maximize productivity of Personnel and equipment.
• Maintain conformance to cost and budgetary limits.
• Participates in emergency response drills and is a part of the Plant Emergency Response Team.
• Participates in Process Hazard Analysis / Safety Committee / Environmental Committee, etc. meetings.
• Participates in selection of and training of new hires, writing of Standard Operating Procedures, Training Programs, etc.
• Participates in conducting safety training. Revised September 2013.
• Participates in evaluation and certification of personnel.
• Participates in long-range plant expansion, conversion, equipment planning, installation, R & D activities, and new equipment purchases.
• Work closely with other departments to schedule and ensure receipt and shipment of raw materials and products.
• Survey all operating data on a daily basis to determine areas of process investigations and determine causes and implement remedial actions.
• Recommend changes in writing where modifications are justifiable by Cost and Time Studies.
• Submits requisitions and expedites orders for all operating supplies, raw materials, etc.
• Provides manpower for drumming out 55 gallon/208 liter metam drums, labeling of drums/ containers, physical inventory, cycle counts, etc., as needed.
• Perform other plant activities relating to operations, maintenance, or as outlined by Supervision
• BA/BS degree required
• 10 years of experience in procurement of raw components need to manufacture active ingredients.
Thank you for you interest in this job opportunity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.