Title: Formulations Shift Supervisor
The Formulations Shift Supervisor operates from established and well-known procedures under general directions and minimum supervision. The position is responsible for monitoring the operations of the Formulations facility on a shift basis. The Formulations Shift Supervisor oversees the activities of shift personnel to assure policy compliance and production schedules are met while the facility operates in a safe and efficient manner.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervise the activities of all personnel on assigned shift; serve as the responsible Operations Supervisor on shift.
Skills & Qualifications
• Assure that personnel issues or operational conditions are properly dealt with during the shift, including but not limited to, safety and medical emergencies, personnel issues, regulatory agency interaction, and technical (process) issues.
• Ensures housekeeping and cleanliness of work areas.
• Coordinates mechanical/electrical maintenance and I&E activities as required.
• Ensure that the facility is running within company policies and procedures across all Operations areas, including Manufacturing, Maintenance, Distribution, Human Resources, Safety and the Supply Team.
• Coordinate the activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality and cost objectives, including but not limited to managing the deployment of personnel across all work areas and prioritizing production schedules.
• Ensures proper inventory of Formulations materials and supplies.
• Orders supplies/tools as needed.
• Operates forklift, yard dog, and track mobile following all company and safety requirements.
• Conducts lab samples pulls as needed.
• May be required to travel and supervise field service packaging and quality control projects.
• Supervise the completion of routine inspections and regulatory interaction. Plan as well as ensure that the operating and maintenance staff handles hazardous materials and wastes in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
• Assist in the training of new shift personnel, as required.
• Provide input to employee performance management process for shift personnel.
• Manage the execution of special projects as assigned by Operations management.
• Models and enforces compliance with all regulatory safety requirements and with all regulatory environmental requirements.
• Models and enforces compliance with all company policies, practices and lawful directives.
• May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
• Must be a role model and be recognized as a leader with excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Strong communication skills both orally and in written form.
• Manages all resources related to manpower, assets, and capabilities while juggling multiple priorities and following policies and procedures.
• Interacts with subordinates and managers on a daily basis to deal with, influence and motivate employees or groups of people while aligning work with strategic goals.
• Strong computer skills with a proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) are required.
• Ability to maintain confidential information in a professional manner.
• Ability to operate DCS system.
• Must be forklift, track mobile and yard dog certified.
• Proven ability to handle complex process, business, and personnel issues independently.
• Ability to physically meet the needs of the job in all types of extreme weather, to include, but not limited to climbing stairs, wearing respiratory protection, lift at least 70 pounds, open and close valves, sometimes overhead or in awkward locations, climb in pipe rack wearing fall protection, monitoring field devices.
• Knowledge of plant operations (manufacturing, distribution, maintenance)
required, as well as knowledge of safety (OSHA) regulations.
• Must be prompt, dependable and have a good attendance record.
• Must participate in the random drug test.
• Must be able to pass a physical and drug test.
• Must be able to pass a Department of Homeland Security approved pre-employment criminal background check.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• HAZWOPER 40 hour class required.
• Vocational or technical degree preferred.
• AIDT Training strongly preferred.
• 1 – 3 years prior manufacturing experience required.
• 1 – 3 years supervisory experience required.
• Chemical industry experience preferred.
Thank you for you interest in this job opportunity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.