Formulates and packages seed treatment chemicals manually by performing the following duties.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Weighs out quantities of powdered or liquid dyes and chemicals following formula sheet.
Skills & Qualifications
• Maintains and evaluates quality control of production protocols. Ensures that all products meet specifications while in process and prior to packaging and shipment.
• Observes operation of machine to detect malfunctions, and makes minor adjustments or repairs during production usage.
• Adjusts equipment and corrects labels, lot numbers, and containers per product specification correctly and neatly fills, seals and palletizes during pack out.
• Monitors and adjusts process equipment to meet quality check specifications. Records vital meter readings and process checks on batch ticket.
• Wears assigned safety and personal protective equipment. Maintains assigned equipment in good working order.
• Follows all safety rules and is active member in facility safety and health management system. Reports any process safety or quality problems to the Shift Supervisor.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Operates fork truck to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Knowledge of general policies and procedures, including safety and security measures, and the ability to practically apply such knowledge.
• Knowledge of the proper operation, storage, and routine maintenance and repair of equipment.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. • Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Ability to comprehend the consequence of various problem situations and to refer such problems to the appropriate individual for decision making.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience operating a fork-lift or similar truck; or, must pass in-house fork truck certification.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
• The employee is regularly required to wear personal protective equipment including a full-face respirator.
• The employee frequently is required to climb or balance.
• The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
• The employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Thank you for you interest in this job opportunity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.