Main Careers Page
Title: R&D Chemist I
The R&D Chemist provides laboratory support for the operations units, process chemistry, R&D and Quality efforts at the Axis Plant.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Working under the direction of senior lab staff
Skills & Qualifications
- Performs routine testing/physical characterization; e.g., sample analyses with R&D instrumentation, including FTIR, UV, density, etc.
- Prepares Lab batches of products produced in the plant.
- Conducts other experiments as directed by lab management.
• Records and reports results in a timely manner as directed.
• Complies with all regulatory environmental requirements.
• Complies with all company policies, practices and lawful directives.
• Practices excellent housekeeping which leads to an accident free workplace.
• Safety: Full compliance with safety/health rules and practices.
• Quality: Strives to improve work product daily. Accuracy, thoroughness and ability to perform work while meeting quality standards.
• Cooperation and attitude: Ability to communicate and work well with others.
• Productivity: Self-reliance in thinking, planning and carrying out job responsibilities. Meets commitments on time.
• Must be able to pass a physical and drug test.
• Must be able to pass a Department of Homeland Security approved pre-employment criminal background check.
• Must be able to read and understand experimental methods and procedures.
• Must maintain good organization and observational skills. Attention to detail is a requirement.
• Must be able to navigate around Microsoft Office products, such as Excel and Word.
• Must be able to work independently when needed and must be capable of field work.
• Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Candidates with a degree in chemistry or chemical engineering with some post graduate experience will be given added consideration.
• 0 to 5 years’ experience.
Thank you for you interest in this job opportunity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
To be considered for employment with AMVAC in the United States, you must be at least 18 years of age and a U.S. Citizen, permanent resident, refugee, or temporary resident (temporary work authorizations for practical training does not meet this requirement). AMVAC does not normally sponsor foreign citizens to obtain a work visa or permanent residency.
AMVAC is an equal opportunity employer.