Title: Environmental Technician
Location: CA Los Angeles
Assist the Environmental Compliance Manager and the Health and Safety Manager in achieving and maintaining plant Compliance with federal, state, local and other applicable laws and regulations and AMVAC corporate objectives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in preparing, developing, maintaining, improving and implementing environmental and training programs for compliance with regulatory requirements and AMVAC corporate objectives.
Skills & Qualifications
• Perform and document audits, observations, inspection and appropriate corrective actions for the Environmental and the Health and Safety Departments to maintain and improve AMVAC’s compliance performance record.
• Assist in preparing and maintaining plans, reports, manuals and related requirements.
• Manage handle, prepare and ship hazardous waste.
• Perform area, personal and other monitoring for the Environmental and the Health and Safety Departments.
• Assist to maintain containment areas through regular inspections and corrective actions.
• Assist with the cleaning of the industrial wastewater system equipment during routine regular intervals and as required.
• Assist with the management of hazardous waste and empty containers, and other waste generated by the plant.
• Support the managing and handling of rainwater, which includes working in inclement weather.
• Perform monitoring, sampling, testing, analysis and measurements as required by the Environmental and the Health and Safety Departments. Requires working in confined spaces and heights.
• Maintain complete and adequate documentation and records as required by the Environmental and the Health and Safety Departments.
• Maintain a safe, organized and clean work environment.
• Actively participate in the plant’s sustainability, source reduction, and waste minimization efforts.
• Participate as required to achieve plant environmental goals.
• Prepare to work during off-hours to meet business needs as needed.
• Must have good writing and verbal skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to interact with Supervisors and other plant personnel.
• Ability to drive a forklift.
• AAS (preferably in Environmental Compliance or chemical orientation), or equivalent.
• Must have some experience working with chemicals in an industrial environment or equivalent alternative.
Thank you for you interest in this job opportunity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.