Main Careers Page
Title: Production Planner
Supply Chain Manager
The Production Planner coordinates inventory control, production schedules and material requirements to meet sales based on forecasts, historical data, and customer orders.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan and production schedules based on existing inventory and sales forecasts and actual sales orders.
Skills & Qualifications
• Coordinate production schedules with Operations.
• Calculate, requisition and monitor incoming raw materials to meet production schedules.
• Coordinate with Purchasing to expedite or de-expedite raw materials.
• Coordinate with Logistics and Shipping departments to ensure adequate and proper flow of products.
• Follow up and take necessary action to eliminate delays and ensure adherence to production schedules.
• Act as liaison with Sales, Customer Service, and Logistics to provide effective communication of product availability and status of open sales orders.
• Create and issue work orders, enter material usages and consumptions, while researching any discrepancies needed.
• Assist with quarterly physical inventory of plant site.
• Prepare documents for record retention and storage.
• Comply with all company policies, practices and lawful directives.
• Other assignments as necessary and directed by supervision.
• Must have great organization, mathematical, and communication skills.
• Must be a self-starter with ability to work effectively with other employees at all levels of the company.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Accuracy and high level of attention to detail.
• Must be prompt, dependable and have an excellent attendance record.
• Ability to understand chemical manufacturing processes.
• High School Degree required.
• Advanced degree preferred.
• Production Planning or equivalent experience required.
• Experience with MRP system required.
Thank you for you interest in this job opportunity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
To be considered for employment with AMVAC in the United States, you must be at least 18 years of age and a U.S. Citizen, permanent resident, refugee, or temporary resident (temporary work authorizations for practical training does not meet this requirement). AMVAC does not normally sponsor foreign citizens to obtain a work visa or permanent residency.
AMVAC is an equal opportunity employer.