Title: International Logistics Coordinator
Location: CA Los Angeles
International Logistics Lead
The International Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the import/export operations of foreign and domestic shipments by coordinating and handling the technical details of international transportation, while maintain compliance globally.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Execute comprehensive examination of import and export documentation including commercial invoices, international bills of lading, and related shipping documents while ensuring compliance with international and U.S. laws related to import and export activity.
Skills & Qualifications
• Maintains an excellent working relationship with all Distributors, Freight Forwarders, 3rd Party Logistics Providers, Customers and working closely with Manufacturing, Purchasing, Supply Chain and the International Sales Team.
• Schedules shipments with Freight Forwarders by following internal guidelines regarding expected delivery dates and cost efficiencies.
• Maintains database for tracking shipments and all related costs at the item level detail.
• Reviews and approves invoices for import and export shipments.
• Keep aware of all US Governmental Import and Export requirements.
• Assists with the preparation of the Annual Transportation Expense Budget and is responsible for maintaining, tracking and reporting variances of this budget versus actual expenses.
• Complies with all company policies, practices and lawful directives.
• Complies and ensures compliance with all regulatory safety requirements and with all regulatory environmental requirements.
• Complies and ensures compliance with all company policies, practices and lawful directives.
• Performs other assignments as necessary and directed by management.
• Excellent problem solving abilities and the ability to follow up with updates to an upper management.
• Accurate and attentive to detail with excellent documentation skills.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Must have a deep awareness and appreciation of different cultures.
• Excellent communication skills internally and externally.
• Strong computer skills with a proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) are required.
• Work in a team environment to achieve departmental goals.
• Prompt, dependable and have a good attendance record.
• Must be able to pass a physical and drug test.
• Must be able to pass a Department of Homeland Security approved pre-employment criminal background check.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree preferred, but will consider experience versus education.
• Knowledge and/or experience in International Ocean Shipments, Import and Export with a solid understanding of INCO terms, Harmonized Tariff System, ITAR/EAR, Schedule B Classification, FTA’s, Valuation and Marking is required.
• 3 – 5 years minimum experience in international transportation, compliance and commerce or a combination of education and applicable experience equivalent to above requirements.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, loud noises, and/or vibrations.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at the manufacturing site.
• This position may occasionally require work performed in various and/or extreme weather conditions.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform light work including but not limited to: operating and activating; communicating and listening; detecting and perceiving; sitting or standing; moving and traversing; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
• Occasionally this position may be very active and requires standing, walking, , ascending and descending; position self by bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching; crawling and climbing all day or at various times of day.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Thank you for you interest in this job opportunity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.