Title: I & E Tech B
The Instrument Electrician is responsible for troubleshooting and repairing process instruments, controls and electrical circuits. This position requires a person with a "right first time" attitude.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Proficient troubleshooting and calibrating process instruments.
• Functional understanding of process instrumentation preventive maintenance procedures.
• Proficient at troubleshooting & the repair of process valves and actuators.
• Capable of troubleshooting instrument loops by using loop sheets.
• Proficient at fabrication and installation of instrument tubing.
• Proficient at troubleshooting & calibrating Ph and conductivity transmitters.
• A working knowledge of DCS (Honeywell) control systems.
• Proficient at troubleshooting & the repair of electrical control circuits.
Skills & Qualifications
• Proficient at proper disconnecting and rewiring of electric motors.
• Proficient at troubleshooting & the repair (or replacement) of motor starters.
• Proficient reading and working from prints, schematics, P&ID’s, etc…
• Capable of determining motor condition by the use of a megger.
• Proficient at installing conduit and pulling wire for electrical circuits.
• Proficient in the use of electrical hand tools, power tools and testers used to install or repair electrical equipment.
• Able to work with production to troubleshoot problems.
• Complies with all regulatory safety requirements and with all regulatory environmental requirements.
• Complies with all company policies, practices and lawful directives.
• Other assignments as necessary and directed by management
• Ability to pass written and field test for each level.
• Proficient in troubleshooting and repairing/replacing motor starters.
• Proficient in troubleshooting and rebuilding valves and actuators.
• Proficient in troubleshooting and repairing electrical circuits
• Proficient in reading and working from prints
• Proficient reading, understanding and working with P&ID’s.
• Proficient testing equipment using a megger.
• Able to unwire and wire an electric motor.
• Must be prompt, dependable and have a good attendance record.
• Must participate in the Safety monthly blood draw program.
• Must be able to pass a physical and drug test.
• Must be able to pass a Department of Homeland Security approved pre-employment criminal background check.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Vocational or technical degree preferred.
• AIDT Training strongly preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years work experience as a maintenance electrician, instrument tech or IE is preferred.
• Prior chemical manufacturing experience.
• Honeywell, AB and E&H instrument experience a plus.
Thank you for you interest in this job opportunity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.