Main Careers Page
Title: I & E Tech A
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Functional understanding of process instrumentation preventive maintenance procedures.
• Proficient at fabrication and installation of instrument tubing.
• Proficient at troubleshooting and calibrating Ph and conductivity transmitters.
• Proficient troubleshooting and calibrating process instruments.
• Proficient at troubleshooting and the repair of process valves and actuators.
• Capable of troubleshooting instrument loops by using loop sheets.
• A working knowledge of DCS (Honeywell) control systems.
• Proficient at troubleshooting and the repair of electrical control circuits.
Skills & Qualifications
• Proficient at proper disconnecting and rewiring of electric motors.
• Proficient at troubleshooting and the repair (or replacement) of motor starters.
• Proficient reading and working from prints, schematics, P&ID’s, etc…
• Capable of determining motor condition by the use of a megger.
• Proficient at installing conduit and pulling wire for electrical circuits.
• Proficient in the use of electrical hand tools, power tools and testers used to install or repair electrical equipment.
• Able to work with production to troubleshoot problems.
• Complies with all regulatory safety requirements and with all regulatory environmental requirements.
• Complies with all company policies, practices and lawful directives.
• Other assignments as necessary and directed by management.
• Ability to pass written and field test for each level.
• Functional understanding of the plant areas.
• Proficient in troubleshooting and repairing of flow indicating equipment; including initial set up.
• Proficient in troubleshooting and repairing of pressure transmitters; including initial set up.
• Proficient in troubleshooting and repairing of Ph and conductivity transmitters & probes.
• Proficient reading, understanding and working with instrument loop drawings.
• Proficient in establishing the specifications for instruments and electrical equipment.
• Must be prompt, dependable and have a good attendance record.
• Must participate in the Safety monthly blood draw program.
• Must be able to pass a physical and drug test.
• Must be able to pass a Department of Homeland Security approved pre-employment criminal background check.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Vocational or technical degree preferred.
• AIDT Training strongly preferred
• A minimum of 5 years work experience as a maintenance electrician, instrument tech or IE is preferred.
• Prior chemical manufacturing experience.
• Honeywell, AB and E&H instrument experience a plus.
Thank you for you interest in this job opportunity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
To be considered for employment with AMVAC in the United States, you must be at least 18 years of age and a U.S. Citizen, permanent resident, refugee, or temporary resident (temporary work authorizations for practical training does not meet this requirement). AMVAC does not normally sponsor foreign citizens to obtain a work visa or permanent residency.
AMVAC is an equal opportunity employer.