Title: Process Engineer
Position is responsible for process engineering; startup, troubleshooting and production of chemical products in the plant; support for process hazard analyses and other facets of the safety program; and developing and implementing capital and process improvement projects. Process engineer also assures proper process information is developed, reviewed and made available.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide technical support and make improvements to operations, through process troubleshooting and optimization.
Skills & Qualifications
• Continuously seeks ways to improve production rates, yields, quality, and costs.
• Troubleshoot any processing, quality, or equipment abnormalities.
• Provide engineering documentation for sizing of process equipment, pumps, control valves and relief valves.
• Calculate distillations requirements for product purity.
• Provide support for plant PSM system.
• Assist on capital projects and plant start-ups.
• Collect and document operating data for production campaigns.
• Develop major equipment specifications.
• Review equipment approval drawings.
• Assist in major equipment bid evaluations from a technical perspective.
• Perform hydraulic calculations and analysis.
• Capable of translating technical packages into a plant design.
• Development of P&IDs and PFDs.
• Development of Instrumentation specifications and selection.
• Assist in PHA reviews.
• Complies and ensures compliance with all regulatory safety requirements and with all regulatory environmental requirements.
• Compliance and ensures compliance with all company policies, practices and lawful directives.
• Other assignments as necessary and directed by management.
• Knowledge of distillation processes required.
• Knowledge of process design required.
• In plant optimization experience required.
• Knowledge of computer word processor and spreadsheet programs.
• Ability to read and understand P&ID's.
• Ability to troubleshoot process equipment and instrumentation.
• Ability to use Aspen simulator and hydraulic calculation software.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Able to work as a team member as well as independently.
• Must be able to pass a physical and drug test.
• Must be able to pass a Department of Homeland Security approved pre-employment criminal background check.
• Degree in Chemical Engineering required.
• 5 – 10 years chemical engineering experience.
Thank you for you interest in this job opportunity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.